Thursday, June 11, 2009

The best post EVER...I can't believe I did it.

Okay....deep breath. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am SO thrilled to let you all know that after 9 exhausting months of being unemployed and looking for a teaching job, I was offered a job yesterday!!!!!! I am SO excited to finally be a teacher and I want to say thank you for all of your support.

I know I truly have great friends when they tell me that they told others that I'd gotten a teaching job and when they didn't get a really excited response they said, "No you don't understand, she's been trying to get this job for almost a year."

I knew when I decided to become a teacher that it was absolutely the right decision. After I was laid off in August, the next 9+ months were the most exhausting, stressful, emotional times and sometimes I can't believe I survived.

I'll be teaching 5th or 6th grade and I'll find out the exact assignment once I sign my contract.

Ready for the scary part? I have NOTHING!!! Seriously. I'd been keeping a list of things I thought I'd need if I ever got a classroom but even that list doesn't seem like enough. SO..........if you are at a restaurant and they give kids boxes of crayons or toys, TAKE ONE OR TEN FOR ME!!

So, if you happen to stumble across some freebies in your office supply closet and want to snag any and all things, I will not complain and I won't tell a soul!

I'm going to post my "want list" out here for the world to see...if you happen to have some of these items laying around, I would be MORE than happy to take them off of your hands.

Thank you so much again to everyone for the well wishes and the support!!!

Miss MC's wish list:
mini fridge filing cabinet
plastic bins (all sizes) crayons
markers staplers
pencils pencil sharpener (manual and electric)
notebook paper construction paper
baby wipes clorox wipes
erasers highlighters
protractors stencils
glue hole punch (3 hole and hand held)
dry erase markers sharpies
printer paper printer
laptop bulletin board decorations
staples dry erase boards
rulers/yard sticks math manipulatives
bins/boxes scissors
board games tape (masking and scotch tape)
math books (worksheets) world map
globe lamps
rugs bench or loveseat
pillows buckets
pens candy (no peanut or chocolate)
bandaits/first aid kit stickers
post its poster board
colored pencils plants
folders notebooks
stamps kleenex
toys puzzles
index cards treasure chest
goldfish animal crackers
calculators timer
bookshelves hanging shelves
ziploc bags (all sizes)

6 comments:

Ana Laura E said...

I´m so happy for you!!! I was unemployed too and this week I received one of those calls that change your life! I´m starting next Tuesday... can´t wait, I´ve been sitting home for the past 5 months. Looking forward to read your blog! found it in 20SB.

Red said...

Congrats!!

I know whats it was like to be unemployed for that amount of time, and i know the kind of excitement it is when you finally finally get that job!!

THE MEGSTER said...

I'm so stinkin' proud of you. You do realize that the last nine months have been the most pivotal in our entire lives, don't you?

Congratulations, again. You just gave birth to a beautiful, bouncing baby job. It's so precious! And I'm sure you'll love it even when it's puking in the corner after too many popsicles at recess...

Laura said...

That age is the BEST to teach! Still young enough to like cartoons, but starting to be really cool little people. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

The Brown Family said...

Congrats MC!! That is awesome! Where are you teaching?

Anonymous said...

We're all so proud of you! Good luck with the new job.