Thursday, September 4, 2014

Energy

So, I have a bit of an addiction to coffee.  When I was pregnant the first time I craved coffee ice cream (I went caffeine free for both pregnancies) and this last time I choked down decaf.  If I had an endless supply of cash I'd drink Starbucks daily but I don't so it's Folgers for me and Starbucks when I need/want a treat.

I'm a gold member at Starbucks and my kiddo doesn't know what the "golden arches" mean but she will point out the Starbucks logo and ask for banana or pumpkin bread.

Anyhow, after my caffeine-free breaks I thought I might be able to stay that way.  Yeah, that didn't happen.  I found that as a mom of 2, one cup of coffee just wasn't doing the trick...or two and three just upset my tummy.  I refuse to drink the monsters or redbull (they're neon colored...something is just wrong about that) and tea just makes me wish I was drinking coffee. 

I ended up buying 2 bottles of NingXia Red at a local YL meeting and thought I'd give it a try (I forced my husband in hopes it would help his cholesterol and BP).  I didn't notice anything shocking and didn't even really like the taste at first but it's not cheap so I was going to drink the whole thing.  After about a week we went on vacation so I didn't really notice a difference (and i didnt NEED anything, I was at the beach!) but I picked up this habit I was trying to get into when I returned.

I've been drinking it faithfully since, 1 shot each a.m. and have really decided I like the taste now.  I didn't think that it was making a noticeable difference because I felt great and was happy.  Well, we went out of town this weekend and it stayed in my fridge....BAM!!  After 2 days not only was I craving some NingXia Red I was dragging!!!  We got home Sunday night and I was tempted to drink some but didn't want to keep myself awake.  First thing Monday morning I had some and after 2 hours of grading papers I decided to clean out and re-organize the entire garage!  4 hours later instead of emptying and re-loading the dishes I decide to wash them all by hand...(what!?!)

And the best part was I had unending energy and was SO productive.  The bad part is I'm not sure I have enough left to last me until my next shipment arrives....ack!

No comments: