Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hugs

Being in the classroom has reminded me how important a hug can be. It's amazing how children give hugs....they give them for so many reasons....when they are sad, happy, excited, nervous, you name it.

But my favorite part of a hug from a child is that they walk toward you with their arms extended for several steps. As adults, we only raise our arms to embrace one another once we are close enough to touch. Kids will stick their arms out as soon as they see you and walk across the room like that.

It makes me smile and I think I'm going to try it with my friends, I hope you will too. It might make you laugh or it might make you wonder, "when did I stop doing this and why?"

2 comments:

THE MEGSTER said...

That's how I still do it. Thank you for helping me understand why everyone looks at me like I'm crazy. It's ok. I'm good with it.

Red said...

I love that kids do that too.

I think we get to a point where we are too aware of what others may think of that, and stop... A little sad...

You should totally start doing it again.