Monday, October 20, 2008

dangit..i'm it again.

Texas Lauren at Must Love Dogs and My Parakeet tagged me again for this meme today. Here are 11 of my favorite things.


1. Clothes Shop

Well, since becoming part of the massive unemployment line, I haven't done much shopping. And really, even before that, I didn't really have favorite shops...more like favorite items. I love hoodies and flip flops, A-ine dresses and jackets. I don't care if my clothes are designer or resale, target or neimans.


2. Furniture Shop

hmm...same as above except to add garage and estate sales, hand me downs and gifts from mom.


3. City

Wow, in the US it's probably Keystone, CO. It's where I learned to ski, it's where my family had a winter house before the real estate crash of the 80s and I love going back to ski there. Summit county rocks.

Outside the US, probably a small town in Italy, Bassano del Grappa. It was the closest town to an even smaller town where I studied my junior year in college. Something about the lifestyle, the people, the pace, the wine, I loved it.

4. Sweet

I have a huge sweet tooth. I love peppermint ice cream (surprisingly not Blue Bell...I like the Dreyer's brand), my grannys chocolate chip cookies, and anything with cool whip.


5. Drink

Wine!

6. Music

I have a wierd taste in music...I like almost anything. I have to be able to understand the words and it has to tell a story. My favorite groups are John Mayer, Mercy Me, Sara Bareillis, George Strait, Clint Black, Rascal Flatts, Barry White, etc.

7. TV series

Grey's Anatomy, Lost, The Bachelor or Bachelorette, The Hills, Desp. Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, Coupling, Friends, ER, Private Practice, Jon and Kate Plus 8 and One Tree Hill. Also, I loved What about Brian (shame on ABC for cancelling it)

8. Film

Sleepless in Seattle, Home for the Holidays, Fletch, Bridget Jones' Diary, and my favorites from this year were Ironman and Definitely Maybe.


9. Workout

Hahahahahahahah. Yeah. My workouts lately have consisted of climbing up and down ladders painting the exterior of the house.

10. Pastries

Belive it or not, I'm not a huge pastry fan Although, there is a great little kolache place down the street from us. And as my former coworkers will tell you, there is a difference in a kolache and a danish, haha.

11. Coffee

Coffee was invented by the ptople who attended the first business or sales meetings. It is a survival tool for any meeting prior to 10am. However, now that I'm unemployed, I haven't stopped drinking it. I like mine with French Vanilla creamer and peppermint creamer during the winter (sensing a theme?) If I'm not making it and someone is buying it for me, I love pumpkin spice lattes, japanese coffee and peppermint mochas (i know...its a problem)

This is typically where I tag others but instead I'd like to ask you guys to say a prayer for my friend Lauren who just lost her grandfather yesterday. I've never met her but I enjoy her blogs and she's far from home right now which I'm sure is tough for her. Please say a little prayer for her and her family.

No comments: