Friday, October 17, 2008

"Howdy ya'll, I'm Big Tex"

Top Ten Things That I saw/loved/hated at the 2008 Texas State Fair:

#10. Normal people pay 9 tickets ($4.50) per beer. We find a tent, slide them some cash on the side and have a code word "Andy" and pay 7 tickets per beer all day.

#9. Having a Fletcher's corny dog with mustard for breakfast while holding on to the person in front of you trying not to get seperated while making our way thru the sea of red and orange to get to the stadium. Oh and by the way, it's Corny Dog NOT Corn Dog...get it straight.

#8. Sitting in the Lexus that I love at the car show and realize that it's only fancy on the outside and I can save my $75K for something else...maybe the Infiniti G37!

#7. Seeing all of the hilarious TX OU shirts that people made...my favorite this year was "You can't spell C*cks*cker without OU" haha...tacky but funny.

#6. Going to the nicest steakhouse in town for dinner in flip flops, tshirts, jeans, shorts, etc and fitting right in for that night only.

#5. Seeing people pay $200 a pop to get their teeth whitened at the fair (I should have taken a picture). We think part of the reason was to just have a chair to recline in for an hour. Seriously, teeth whitening...at the fair?? Won't the mustard and beer counteract that?

#4. Fried Snickers. We decided against this years fried specialty of chicken fried bacon. Seriously...to those of you who ate that...what were you thinking? In years past we've tried fried oreos, fried coke, etc. Fried snickers were pretty freaking good. BF now wants to have a Fryday. We get a fry daddy and everyone brings random stuff to fry and we try it all. I think if we top everything with powdered sugar it should be good! you're all invited.

#3. Each year we randomly run into some good friends that we haven't seen in ages. Last year it was friends from the media world, one of which slapped BF's a$$ (and then was embarassed when he realized he knew us) and this year it was my brothers best friend and his wife and kids...how random!

#2. Witnessing one of the best football games and seeing the Texas fans act like class acts after the game. Seriously, the OU fans have never been that nice/calm after the game and I'm so proud of the fans I saw. For those who did act like punks, we need to talk.

#1. Sham WOW!!! Thats right kids...I am now the proud owner of ShamWOW! I saw the demonstration, raised my hand to get a free set and saved $6 over what I'd pay ordering them online. I was so excited, I told random people about it and BF laughed at me. In case you aren't aware of the WOWness of ShamWOW...check it.


Tomorrow's game is against Mizzou, #1 is a scary place so cheer on my Horns....Hook 'em!

6 comments:

Libby said...

ooohh...aaaahh...how's the shamWOW workin' for ya?

texaslauren77 said...

Holy Moly! Have you poured anything on carpet yet to see if it will really suck up the stuff that goes underneath??? Let me know... if that was for real, I'm SOOO buying one!!!

I wish I were a little closer to Dallas just so I could find out how you fry Coke. Do you drink it? How does that work, exactly??

PS - Hook 'Em!!

texaslauren77 said...

PPS - I just tagged you for another meme. :)

MC said...

i haven't tried out shamwow yet...i keep waiting for a spill. I'll keep you posted

Anonymous said...

hi,

good blog i like its maintainability.

MC said...

thanks for the compliment!