Thursday, September 4, 2008

cyclical guilt

I sat here for about 10 minutes staring at a blank screen. You see, I have so much to say but can't seem to form it into a point. This week has been incredibly interesting for me. I'm definitely out of my comfort zone.

As I've been looking for a job, I've been busier than I ever thought an unemployed person would be. Yet as busy as I've been, I can't help but feel a little useless at the end of the day. And so I don't let myself have an end of my day.

When I was working, I was the type of person who could truly leave work at work and when I got home, my brain was free of stress/worry/etc hence why I could totally immerse myself in an episode of reality tv.

But now, even blogging, I'm overcome with guilt about the impact I should be making that I'm not...right here, right now.

I've never been the type of person who experienced guilt...mainly because I don't do things that I have to say I'm sorry for. And I didn't do anything wrong in this situation, yet I feel guilty.

ALL.THE.TIME.

So my first thought on how to end this time period in my life is to find a job as quickly as possible. However, I don't want to just take ANY job...I want to find another job that I love as much as I loved my last one.

And the circle continues....here's hoping something jumps out and stops me from spinning.

oh..and a big PS-please....under no circumstances, please do not baby talk me. I may be unemployed and it may suck, but I cannot stand to get voicemails or phone calls from those with the baby talk voice saying, "heeeyyyyyyy, hooooooww arrrrrrrreee youuuuuuuuu?" Nothing is more annoying.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

I don't know you personally, but I read your blog regularly. I hope things even out soon for you.

Jodi said...

you are in our prayers! We know exactly what you are going through all too well. Things at JCP are kinda tight as they aren't hiring right now for anything outside the company....I'm still watching. hope to see you in the alley soon....