Thursday, December 4, 2008

Welcome back lights!!

While driving home last night, I noticed that my neighborhood light display is growing as each day passes. It reminded me that I have not gotten a single holiday decoration down from my attic and I am behind big time!!! (notice, I did not say I have a big behind....I said I'm behind in a big way....don't confuse the two)

Anyhow, as soon as I can get my lazy behind off of this sofa, I plan to begin the process of transforming this home into a holiday masterpiece since my momma will be visiting us on Saturday.

This thought brought me back to our last holiday where the formerly nice old man across the street transformed himself into "that guy" and turned his sprinklers on during the trick or treat night of sweets. I'm telling you, his meanness is the reason we didn't have as many ghosts and goblins at our door.

So I'm wondering, as each day passes, if he will continue this streak and become a bah humbug neighbor. He didn't put lights on his house and I don't remember seeing a tree. Hopefully I'm wrong, but if I had to guess what goes on behind that red door of his....I'd think it goes a little like this:

1 comment:

THE MEGSTER said...

I didn't confuse the two, but you did crack mine up. Now get to gettin' - I've already finished. I WIN. :-) (and can't wait to see your pictures.) Wasn't it just last year we did the housewarming???