Sunday, January 18, 2009

28 years 10 months 18 days 14 hours and 8 minutes old

Yes, I'm 28. And for some reason, I'm having a hard time coping with turning 29. Maybe it's because it is the last year of my 20s, or because I'm enduring a career change, or because I'm at the age that I thought was "really old" when I was little.

Regardless, on March 22, I will start the farewell party to my 20s.

Instead of making a list of everything I thought I would've accomplished by now that I haven't, I'm going to make a list of everything I'd like to accomplish by the big 30.

1. Get a teaching job
2. Lose 20+ lbs
3. Decide what color my hair needs to be.
4. Go snow skiing
5. Take a vacation
6. Get my stuff organized..ack.
7. Get a new computer
8. Make 3 new friends
9. Do something for someone else that they need but is out of my "comfort zone"
10. Shift focus to living in the moment
11. Become more eco-friendly
12. Give back
13. Make my bed at least 4 days a week
14. Wake up earlier
15. open for improvement suggestions

I think this is a big list so I'm starting now instead of waiting for 29 to bite me.

No comments: