Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cooler than cookies??? No way!

We had a knock on our front door on Sunday afternoon. When I opened it, I saw our neighbors from a few doors down and their daughter at our door. I opened the door and realized that she was wearing brown vest...I thought it was an odd choice in attire and then it hit me!!!

"Would you like to buy some girl scout cookies?"

Oh yes my dear dear friends....it's that time again. I CAN NOT Believe it!!! Last year, you remember my desperate quest to find these $3.50 boxes of happiness and could not find them. And this year, before I even realized it was time, they came to me! I asked BF if he wanted any because obviously I was buying some and he yelled from the back room "Samoas and Thin Mints." You see, this is why we work together. He knows the names of his GS cookies of choice without a second thought.

I'm not sure when she'll deliver my cookies but I'm thinking I should buy more than I did....I mean, really, 2 boxes of thin mints? Who am I kidding...I have plenty of room in my freezer! One day, yes one day....I will be cookie mom.

And anyone who doesn't plan to buy some....please at least buy a box or two. These girls go thru actual sales routines and practicing...they are prepared to answer your questions should you be diabetic, etc. They don't just grab a box and knock on your door!!! And there are prizes that they get depending on how much they sell.

Happy eating!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oooo oooo oooo!!! I had one come to my door too! I'll probably end up buying more from the ones that sit out in front of the grocery store in the cold, but I got a box of Thin Mints, Do-Si-Dos, (I get both of those every year) and this year I added Daisy-Go-Rounds to my order (they're reduced fat! Of course, I don't think that matters if you eat a whole box in one sitting.) But I think you're right, that may not be enough!

Aww, remember when they used to come to the lodge during chapter, and there would be this collective "Awwwwww" throughout the room as the little cutie made her way to the front of the room!?

Jodi said...

Oh yes, Neal bought some from her too....3 boxes! Then I was hit up from someone while at gymnastics but, I was "suckered" into 5 boxes because I let each of the girls pick a box that they would like too...I think we'll have enough in our freezer to share when you have that craving come May and you have no more GS cookies!!!! :) Besides, what are neighbors for!

Laura said...

We have gotten some really great recipes from it! My favorite so far was this Baked Spaghetti Pie recipe (it has cream cheese in it, and I could eat cream cheese with a spoon--love it!). There was also a chicken recipe that was soooo simple that I wasn't expecting much out of it, but it was REALLY good! Basically you bread a chicken breast in crushed Ritz crackers, bake it, and then you melt Muenster cheese on top of it. SOOOO good, I was shocked!