Friday, January 2, 2009

Merry New Year!

We are back from a whirlwind trip from Sin city. We went to visit my nephews for New Years and had a blast.

It's really hard for me to believe that it is 2009. I wonder how long it will take before I stop writing 2008 by accident.

During the trip I noticed several things. Here is my top ten list.

10-The strip is REALLY long and made of concrete yet women everywhere were in stilettos....this..i don't understand.
9-They have slot machines in grocery stores. Awesome.
8-We took the nephews skating on a floating ice skating rink at Lake Las Vegas....it's a must see. So much fun.
7-BF and I had every intention of really gambling this time, eating at a fancy dinner and buying one of those enormous drinks to walk around with. We spent $5 on the wheel of money, $1 each on penny slots, ate at The Cheesecake Factory and bought 99 cent margaritas and had a blast!
6-Every major city is getting a naked or nearly naked man. NYC has the naked cowboy, Austin has "Leslie" and Vegas had a man in a bikini, tiara, miniskirt, makeup and heels (we saw him 3 times in one night.)
5-I always thought those people on the side of the strip that flip cards and try to hand them to you were handing out advertisements. I learned exactly what they were advertising this year. BF was more than happy to grab several examples to show me.
4-I greeted everyone today with a "Happy New Year" and they looked at me like I was slow. Does that greeting expire on Jan 1st? If so, I missed the memo.
3-This is the first year in many that I didn't wake up with a hangover on Jan 1. It was so nice! We all toasted with sparkling cider, sparkling pear, etc and it was just as fun!
2-Never give BF a noisemaker on new years eve...I'm just now getting my hearing back.
1-I saw SO many military men and women at the airport today. During all of the madness of the holidays, we forget about those who are serving our country and were not able to see their families this year. Say a prayer for them and thank them the next time you see one.

I didn't make a new years resolution this year. I think mine will just be to be a better version of myself.

A better girlfriend, friend, neighbor, teacher, student, christian, daughter, sister, aunt and person.

Happy New Year to all of you!

No comments: