Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ahh, daylight savings...

This is an official shout-out for Daylight Savings Time. Can I get a hell yeah?

Okay seriously, daylight savings time=sliced bread...its a toss up. During the winter months, my evenings consist of leaving work as the sun goes down, pulling into the driveway in the dark, changing into my pjs or comfy clothes, opening a bottle of wine, starting a fire in the fireplace (i'm a pyro) making dinner and watching tv. I'm usually in bed when Jay leno greets his first guest and I'm drifting to sleep after the re-run of Intervention or Friends. It's very exciting and the only time it differs is when it's not cold outside and then you can just subtract the "starting a fire in the fireplace" part (unless ryan is out of town and i do it anyway).

These are my evenings for the most part. There's the occasional night of take out or having to resort to beer or a mixed drink and rarely a night of pokeno or bunco with the ladies. But rest assured, I am fat, happy and lazier than can be. And then comes the glorious Saturday evening/Sunday morning in the spring where I have to say to myself "spring forward, fall back" to remember which way to set my alarm clock and behold....you wake up tired as hell and hating life, grumpy and griping all day. But then what happens? You step outside at 5:30p on that first Monday and realize, "holy crap? is it not 5 yet?" oh no, my friend, its DAYLIGHT SAVINGS! You can work until seven like I did yesterday and amazingly still have enough sunlight when you get home to mow the yard!!!!!

It's nuts. I'm a completely different person. I'm cooking healthier, the dishes rarely fill up the sink or cover the coffee table, my work clothes are not piling up on the floor and I seriously only had one glass of wine last night....and chardonnay of all things!!!

Life is as it should be. They say that Daylight Savings saves all kinds of money in electricity bills across the country and thats dandy but I could care less. I'm a new me people! (Of course, I'll go back into full hibernation in October).

Thanks D.S.!!

1 comment:

THE MEGSTER said...

Use the F word in reference to yourself again - and I'll come up there and kill you, bring you back, and kill you again. I'm just sayin'.

Now "happy," I cannot disagree with - that you are very much.

We must find you a hobby, though. Domesticity, perhaps?