Monday, March 31, 2008

RIP

I've never been described as a girlie girl. Sure, I wear skirts and heels, I love to shop and socialize but I also drink beer, watch sports, quote stupid movies and I'm fiercly competitive. I have a big mouth and never back down from a trash-talking match and I'm pretty much just awesome. (did i mention i have a big ego?)

And then this weekend, everything changed.

Two weeks ago I paid $20 for a chance at a million. (really a chance at $200 but I tend to embellish.) I submitted my picks and my hopes and dreams grew. I committed the sin of picking my favorites for fear that I would curse them by picking them to lose. My horns didn't have the confidence of America but they had my support.

I cheered thru every game and let out a big "owwwww...did you see that" for every high arched 3pt shot and steal and yesterday

And yesterday, bless their hearts, not only did my horns lose, it wasn't even a close game. And with their chance of a title, so went my chance of a million (or $200).

So this is me admitting that I was wrong. I'm a loser. A big loser.

And for now, this longhorn's big mouth has been silenced.

Rest In Peace hopes and dreams, rest in peace. (at least until baseball season)