Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Rant- Pee Test

I received this in an email today from a friend and I thought it was thought provoking:

THE JOB - URINE TEST

I HAVE TO PASS A URINE TEST FOR MY JOB... SO I AGREE 100%. Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck,I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their tush while I work. . . . Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

7 comments:

Libby said...

Amen.

chickbug said...

a fantastic point!

Anonymous said...

Yes, definitely you want more people with children living on the street turning to crime because they've failed a drug test. Don't use the money for programs that might assist with addiction. Just cut them off and let them fend for themselves. They'll get clean on their own, right?

MC said...

Such strong opinions but yet you want to remain Anonymous? and yes, how did you know...my goal in life is to get more kids on the street. lol.

Lets be realistic here.

This is a rant simply posted to illustrate that people work hard for their money (you're singing it too, aren't ya) and they don't take enough of it home.

There are exceptions to every rule and no program is perfect. But in a time where those who work hard can barely afford gas and the electricity to cool the house we're paying for, its not unusual to look at "the system" and see where our pennies are going.

Addiction is only survived if you have the will and the desire. If they fail a drug test, they're not going to utilize addiction programs anyway. And even if they do, why is it my responsibility to provide these programs?

texaslauren77 said...

Amen. I had to take a drug test for my job. And, actually, my employer just announced that there will be no smoking allowed anywhere on the company property...even in an employee's parked car. If an employer can be this strict, I think that it is absolutely reasonable to have to pass a drug test for welfare payments. And, as far as kids being out on the street because their parents didn't pass a drug test, do you really think that those parents are spending the welfare money on their kids, anyway? Perhaps the money would be better spent going to Child Protective Services.

Anonymous said...

They should add: Also for child support, section 8 (housing), food stamps, bill payment assistance, medicare / medicaid, unemployment checks, government grants, and so on and so forth. It’s not like they earned the money they are receiving in the first place.

MC said...

i agree...and I'll be on unemployment soon. I have no problem peeing in a cup to get that check.

although, i do believe that I earned some of it thru the taxes they've taken out of my paycheck thus far...and, unemployment checks are also taxed.