Monday, November 3, 2008

Apologies and Updates

I'm SO sorry...

Ok...top ten things that have kept me from updating:

10. My computer is still partially infected. BF's cousin was able to remove the virus but there are some files that he couldn't get off. Since they can't work, they just sit there and suck up all of my memory therefore causing my computer to take at least 10 minutes to open a web page (not kidding)
9. I've had several interviews! Yahoo! I'll keep you posted.
8. I've been spending a lot of time in the classroom..another Yahoo!
7. I've started substitute teaching.
6. I'm still not finished painting the house (BF is not happy about this one).
5. My Dad came in town on business and I spent time as his side kick.
4. We went out of town to BF's alma mater for homecoming.
3. I'm bitter about the loss to Texas Tech...but surprisingly shocked that we're still in the top 5!
2. I'm shopping for a lighter orange than I usually buy and a cherry red as I'll be cheering for the OK State Cowboys and OU Sooners in the coming weeks.

And the number one and most important reason:
1. I had a really horrible 10 days or so. Seriously people, it was bad...it is the most depressed that I've ever been. If someone you know is unemployed...PLEASE...take a moment and call them or shoot them an email just to see how things are going. And PLEASE....DO NOT SAY THESE WORDS TO THEM, "So, how's the job hunt going?" I guarantee you, if they have found a job they probably wont answer your call during the workday or they'll take at least 2 days to respond to your email. They need to know that you are calling to see how THEY are doing, not their job search. I have always considered myself to be an optimist and a positive person. But the past few weeks I have felt worthless as a person and a member of society, I didnt feel like I deserved to go vote because I wasn't contributing to society.

Unemployment has affected every aspect of my life...I am so sensitive to everything as I'm already down to begin with. Some days I didn't want to get out of bed...and with my computer broken, I didn't have the resources to search for jobs. I have to say that I've never appreciated my BF more...he has been so supportive of me and he has held his tongue (for the most part) when needed and he's been able to share his feelings/concerns when appropriate. He has given me a peptalk and this is a much better week but it is definitely a day to day struggle.

So, basically...I apologize for not updating and THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone that emailed me...I feel so popular and loved...I appreciate you checking in on me and if nothing else, this experience has shown me who my friends really are....you mean more than you know!

I promise to do better but I can only update from BFs computer so it may be splotchy for awhile.

Nothin but love for ya!

5 comments:

Julie Adams Gray said...

I'm confused. You went to Texas Tech. Why a Texas fan?!

I was unemployed for three months last year when I left my reporting job... I felt the exact same way. It's just horrible and I lost all of my spirit. I just kept having faith God would pull me through... and He did. I cannot say it's going to be okay because right now it isn't, but it will only take one moment and one phone call to make your entire life turn around... it is going to happen for you... Keep the faith!

Jett, Shauna and Colton said...

Mary.. don't be bitter about TTU.. it is our turn!! :)

I am sorry life is sucking it up right now.. just keep thinking that this experience will make you stronger!! You are going to make an AMAZING teacher!! I know it!

love you my friend

texaslauren77 said...

I SO know how you feel. I was unemployed for 5 months back at the end of 2001 and beginning of 2002, and it was HORRIBLE! The worst was when one time, I actually didn't even know what day of the week it was anymore. A friend of mine was graduating from college and had invited me to dinner with her family the day of. I got all dressed up (which required putting on something other than pajamas or sweats for the first time in WEEKS!), went to the store to get her some flowers on the way there, and as I was writing a check at the register, realized that I was a WHOLE DAY EARLY. That's how horrible, depressed, and out of it I was. I felt lousy. But, keep your chin up. This is just a down time for you, and it WILL NOT last forever. Sometimes, the hardest thing to remember is that there will be an end to your unemployment. You're moving in the right direction! Hang in there!

MC said...

hey julie! i was going to link you to a prior blog of mine but realized that i never wrote said blog, haha. oops...that will be coming soon.

yes, i am a die hard longhorn fan....this has always been the case, even when i was a student at Tech. I cheered for Tech at every game unless they were playing Texas...I even sat on the Texas side at that game...

Whats that saying, "You can't help who you love?"

THE MEGSTER said...

I'M SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK. I'VE MISSED YOU ONLINE. NOW HURRY UP AND DISTRACT ME DURING MY WORKDAY.