Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pure Optimism

On my way home from subbing today I thought....How much would you smile tomorrow if you knew that tomorrow was the only day that you could smile the whole week? Would you take advantage of every moment? Would you go beyond smiling and laugh?

Me? I'd try my best to make someone else smile because then.....I'd know that even though it was MY only day to smile, I could make it contagious for someone else.

One of the biggest compliments I've ever been given was when someone told me that I'm one of the most optimistic people they know. This was such a huge compliment because its one of my biggest goals.

If you've kept tabs on me over the past few months, you know that optimistic was not a word to describe me at certain points during this time. Thankfully....this has been a great week.

I found something this week that I hope will keep me optimistic and remind me of all we have to be thankful for. As BF would tell you, I love me some Jon and Kate + 8....seriously, watch the show....cutest kids.

Anyway, their new ads have this incredible song playing in the background and it's my new obsession. I'll attach the video but while you watch it ....read the words. This is the stuff we should be reading each day.

I hope this song makes you smile and gets you thru your hard days.



Hey child up and go
-Big world is out there waiting for us to
live in every day

Outside you will find
there is love all around you
-Takes you, makes you wanna' say

That it's a beautiful life
and it's a beautiful world
and it's a beautiful time
to be here, to be here, to be here

The sky's blue
-just us two
Side by side we'll see the world
that surrounds us
-Hey, seize the day

Each road - every mile's a photograph in motion
to astound us, carry us away

into a beautiful life
'Cause it's a beautiful world
and it's a beautiful time
to be here, to be here

Leave all your cares behind you
The sun is rising
Turn around -it's right in front of you
and it's a beautiful life
and it's a beautiful time
to be here, to be here, to be here

2 comments:

Libby said...

oh i looove jon & kate plus 8!

Jett, Shauna and Colton said...

I LOVE THEM TOO!! I was THIS close to meeting them, they were coming to a friends Church, and were going to stay at said Friend's house..... and friend invited ME TO COME STAY TOO (If I would refrain from being a psycho.. becaue I totally think that we could all be BFF'S) .. then they cancelled b/c they had to promote their book.. DANG IT.. I was so excited.. ask Jett.. DANG IT!