Monday, November 17, 2008

fantasy #1....check

Today, I was a substitute in one of my favorite schools in the district. I had met several of my students during prior sub gigs and student teaching days.

As the students were completing their warm-ups, this one sweet boy walked up to my desk, smiled and handed me a shiny red apple. The best part is, he didn't bring this apple to his normal teacher...he knew me and knew that I'd be subbing in his class today.

I wish there was a way to explain to him how much that simple gesture meant to me. It was awesome.

2 comments:

chickbug said...

omg. this is such a great story! I love it!

Jodi said...

That is so great! Neal and I have said more than once that you are going to be an amazing teacher! Hopefully you can teach our girls one day!!! how cool would that be! Congrats!