Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day....dun dun dunnnnnn

I voted last week during early voting...I've never seen so many people turn out! I only had to wait in line about 10 minutes and the church had cookies! Score!

I won't get into the politics because I'm exhausted from this election but I will say this:

After I voted, an elderly gentleman was waiting for me at the exit doors. He extended his hand, shook my hand, gave me a sticker that said "My Vote Counted" and said, "Thank you for doing your civic duty once again."

Something about that moment left me feeling incredibly empowered. I burst thru the doors and immediately looked for the news crew that I was sure wanted to get a statement from me...after all, I just did my civic duty!!!

Yeah...there was no one there. But I voted and I'm not kidding, it made my day. I hope you all will vote too.

1 comment:

Jett, Shauna and Colton said...

I voted.. I did not get a sticker.. nor did ANYONE in my office, so I made stickers that said I voted.. yes, the civic duty is great BUT.. here, if you went into Crispy Creme, you got a free donut AND STarbucks gave us a free coffee... and they even used my FAKE stickers :) I did vote, not the early vote like I should have because I stood in line for an hour.. in heels but.. I voted :) ..

What the crap.. the word I have to type to verify I am not a spammer is HORNS.. I don't think I can do it.. I think that is just bs.. did you set it to say that?? no cool MC.. not cool at all.