Monday, July 28, 2014

Cooking with oils: Iced Lemon Pound Cake-EO version!

 
So I love to cook with my 3yr old, I love essential oils and I love Starbucks!  These are 3 things that don't always go together but I found a recipe that combines them!!

This recipe was adapted from oneprojectcloser.com who adapted a recipe from On Sutton Place.

Iced Lemon Pound Cake-EO Version!

Ingredients
1 3/4 c. milled soft wheat flour, or 1 1/2 c all purpose
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
3 eggs, room temperature
1 c. organic sugar or sucanat
2 T. butter, softened
1 t. vanilla
1 lemon
8 drops of Young Living Lemon Essential Oil
1/2 c. coconut oil, melted

Glaze
1 c. powdered sugar
2 T. milk
2 drops Young Living Lemon Essential Oil
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease metal 9x5 loaf pan
Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
In a separate bowl, combine eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon juice and Young Living Lemon EO with a mixer.  (The recipe originally called for 1/3 c lemon juice but I only had 1 lemon.)
Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and blend until smooth.
Add melted coconut oil and Mix well.
Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 -50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cook 20-25 min for cupcakes.
Remove from oven and let set 3 minutes.
While cooling, prepare glaze in a small bowl.
Remove cake from pan, apply glaze, and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
I sliced this after it cooled as we each had a piece and I mailed a few pieces to a friend as part of a "thank you" for sending my little chef some cooking equipment.  I will say that after a day of the cake being sliced it dried out some so if you're not serving this cake at a party I'd only slice out the pieces you're eating in order to keep the cake un-dry (I can't stand the M word that most people would use here).

Enjoy!!

No comments: