Thursday, July 31, 2014

Cooking with Oils: Margaritas!






Caution...this recipe is amazing.  No, I wouldn't consider a margarita on my healthy list....HOWEVER, it's good for my mommy time!  (and that provides me some mental health).

I have some famous margaritas ya'll.  This is going to be one of those "Trust Me" things.  I usually get asked for the recipe when I make them and it's your lucky day because I'm going to share it with you!  These are served on ice, not frozen.

MC's Famous Ritas

Ingredients:
1 can frozen Bacardi margarita mixer
1 can or 12oz sprite (I use sprite zero...just tastes better in these)
1 bottle of Corona
Tequila (preferably not the white kind)
fresh lime
optional: lemon or lime essential oil*

Empty frozen Bacardi mixer can in a pitcher and smush with a wooden spoon.  Fill the empty can about halfway with tequila.  Add can of sprite.  Stir until all frozen chunks have dissolved.  Slowly pour corona as to not foam.  Stir and pour over ice.  Garnish with a fresh lime.

**  This step can only be done if you're drinking out of a glass or stainless steel cup (no plastic).  If you want the mix sweeter add 1 drop of Young Living lime essential oil.  If you like it a little less sweet add 1 drop Lemon essential oil.

Cheers!


No comments: