Sunday, July 27, 2014

Homemade Shower Cleaner

I haven't tried the Thieves cleaner yet as it has been out of stock but I made my own shower cleaner and it works really well.

Dawn dish soap
White vinegar
water

I don't remember the exact recipe as I usually just eye-ball it but one key is to microwave the vinegar....it works really well when the mixture is warm.

I add about 8-10 oz of hot vinegar, enough dawn dish soap to make it blue coconut in color (a few tbsp) and the rest warm water.

Caution: the fumes are STRONG...do not let little ones play in the bathroom while using this.

So, I put this in a spray bottle and spray the heck out of my shower.  I let it sit for 5 min or however long I have to and then I take a shower using a wet washcloth to scrub around (you don't need to work hard, you're just wiping it around.  I also take an empty pitcher so i can fill with water and rinse my glass shower door.

After the shower be sure to squigee (sp?) the door.

This works great even if you have hard water and I've also used it to clean my sink!

No comments: