Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Fighting the cold without medicine Testimony!


I've been using oils for a few months now and thankfully we haven't had any trips to the doctor other than "well checks" for my almost 5 month old.

We went out of town for a 4 day get away with family and the first morning we woke up (Monday) at home, my 3.5yr old had a nose like a faucet and was coughing/hoarse.  great.

The sick part of me was excited to have a good reason to try oils because as any mom knows, if you take your kid to the doctor with these symptoms on Day 1 with no fever they are just going to tell you it's a virus and send you home $30 poorer.

So, I put Young Living Thieves in the diffuser, rubbed Thieves neat (undiluted) on her spine and the bottom of her feet.  I added Peace & Calming to her big toes and got her settled on the sofa with a pillow, doll, blanket, Doc McStuffins and lots of tissues.  I didn't put anything on the baby but moved his exersaucer near the diffuser.

At lunch I put lavender on a q-tip and rubbed it along the inside of her nostrils like you do with a Zicam swab (she did NOT like this...she once got a peanut stuck in her nose and now hates anything in her nose)

Her nose stopped running in less than 30min and I knew she could smell again because she said the house smelled like Christmas!!  She felt so much better that afternoon that I was a little bummed I didn't get more "quiet time" haha.

I didn't do the lavender in the nose again but continued the rest for 3 days and alternated between Thieves, Purification and RC in the diffuser.  On Thursday evening my son was congested, ugh!  He hadn't started breathing out of his mouth yet so I feared that it was going to be a LONG night.  I moved my diffuser to the nursery and put RC in it.  I let it go in his room for about a half hour before putting him down.  After a half hour in his crib, I finally heard him take a deep breath!!  I couldn't believe it!

No one ended up sick!!  Yay oils!

At this same time my neighbor was complaining of a terrible cold.  I made her the Cold/Flu bomb recipe, the morphine bomb for headache and gave her Thieves tea.  I think she's now obsessed with the tea, haha!

No comments: