Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Superwoman!


If you're my friend on facebook you've already heard this story, but it's a big enough deal for me to post it twice.  This is my testimony on how Stress Away helped me in a REALLY stressful situation.  I use this EO on myself when my baby is teething or when my daughter is being 3, haha.  I apologize in advance for the long post but I tell long stories as I really want you to "feel my pain."

Picture this.  You're a mom of a 3.5yr old, a 3 month old (who doesn't like their carseat) and a dog who suffers from seperation anxiety/throws tantrums (like ripping the curtains off the wall) when he's left alone.  You plan out the day:
  1. get all 2 legged and 4 legged children changed, pottied/diapered, fed and have a toy for the car.
  2. get diaper bag ready for 3 mo old and for newly potty trained/nervous in public restroom 3.5yr old
  3. load the car with 3 tubs of clothes to take to consignment store
  4. get coffee (should've been #1)
  5. get items 1-4 done by 9am so you're not all in the car when it's hot outside.
I accomplish items 1-5 beautifully and we all are in the car.  I attempt to start the car and it won't start.  I hear a few clicks and I roll the windows down to hear again. "Oh no....no no no...come on...puhleeeeeeze"  Nope.  Lights don't even turn on.  Ok...plan.  Step 1...APPLY STRESS AWAY.  One drop on my wrists and rub together like perfume, rub the excess under/behind my ears.  Step 2...call husband.

I should mention that we have a 4 car garage.  I know...it's excessive but whenever I get pregnant my husband buys an old car.  I should also mention that I have an irrational fear of jumper cables as I was burned when trying to start a sea doo in high school.  Leak in fuel injection system+spark from battery when cables were attached=fire and me rushed to the ER with 1st, 2nd, 3rd degree burns on hands, face, neck.  (I didn't have eyebrows, lashes or nose hair for awhile)

Ok, so I call husband (who was 45 min away) and he explains where a spare battery is in the garage.  WHAT!?  I don't even know how to check the oil.  I follow instructions and manage to hook up the car battery to spare battery without freaking out....shaking, yes...but i did it.  Keep in mind it had just rained, it was comfortable temp in the garage and the windows were down so my kiddos were fine and asking me a gazillion questions.  

It didn't work.  It charged enough for the headlights to come on but thats it.

I turned on the battery operated fan attached to the 3mo old carseat as he was starting to remind me that he hates his carseat.

Husband suggests putting the Tahoe in neutral and pushing it into the driveway.  I'll give you a moment to stop laughing.  Husband offers to come home and I said, no...I'm going to figure this out.

Yeah, that didn't happen.  I called 2 neighbors to see if their husbands were home and one was on his way, SCORE!

In the meantime, I try again with the jumper cables and realize they can reach to husband's camaro parked next to me.  I try to start the car again...nope.  I ask husband, "isnt' the other car supposed to be on?"  he said it doesn't have to be.  Neighbor arrives and we take the kids out of the car and she takes them inside (his camaro has a different engine in it and its SOOO loud).   And he suggests turning the camaro on (like I said in the first place...duh).

It starts!!!!  Holy moly I AM AMAZING!!!!  I thank neighbor profusely, load everyone back up in the car and start the day.  Shockingly this whole process only took a little over a half hour and I was able to go about my day.

I kept giving my husband the opportunity to say what an amazing wife/mom I am as I think most women would say, "honey, you better come fix my car!"  I think I got a high-five later, haha.  It's ok, I constantly remind him that he married a superhero.

Stress Away is one of my favorites and to me it smells like vanilla.

If you're my friend on facebook you've already heard this story, but it's a big enough deal for me to post it twice.

Picture this.  You're a mom of a 3.5yr old, a 3 month old (who doesn't like their carseat) and a dog who suffers from seperation anxiety/throws tantrums (like ripping the curtains off the wall) when he's left alone.  You plan out the day:
  1. get all 2 legged and 4 legged children changed, pottied/diapered, fed and have a toy for the car.
  2. get diaper bag ready for 3 mo old and for newly

No comments: