Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Apple Times v2

Sorry for the delay in additional blogs, I was without internet the rest of the week....so, without further delay:

Disclaimer: If I have attended your wedding ever, please do not be offended as I guarantee that I spoke these same words shortly after your special day.

The wedding we attended on Saturday was one of the most incredible weddings that I've ever attended. We started off the morning driving to and from a vineyard for a bit of wine tasting (yum!) and if I learned one thing this weekend, it's that everyone who travels in their car should have a Garmin...that thing rocks! I digress..

We barely made the wedding shuttle to the semi-formal affair at a winery on a hillside overlooking the river. The wedding was at 5pm and it was EXTREMELY HOT. Poor guys in their coat and tie. After the wedding, we went down to the cocktail hour...I won't go into detail but roasted pig, enourmous canoe of seafood(shrimp, clams and oysters), open bar and an acoustic guitar.

The wedding was a 5 course seated dinner under a draped tent with chandeliers. The coolest thing is that everyone started dancing right after the first course!! We had SUCH a good time and after they ran through the tunnel of sparklers, we all met back at the hotel where we proceeded to stay up until 5am!!! There was drama, yes, but thankfully I was the sane one trying to resolve the issues others were having...not involved with them myself, haha.

Sunday we drove the incredible Taconic Parkway...seriously gorgeous drive but hung over me was not a huge fan of all of the turns, etc.

Sunday afternoon we met my cuz back at the precinct, took a cab to the hotel and took a nap. We hit Times Square, UN, Chrysler Bldg, some random hole in the wall Chinese place and McDonalds that night.

Things we learned.

1) There is always traffic going to the airport, it doesn't matter what time it is.
2) The toll roads in NY aren't toll roads. They're toll bridges..and they are crazy expensive. 5 BUCKS!?! Are you kidding me?

until next time...
MC

No comments: