Monday, June 23, 2008

domestic diva strikes back!

I have never thought of myself as a perfectionist. Mainly because I think I'm pretty perfect as-is so there's no need to double-check. Oh...and did I mention that I'm humble?

Well, during my 4th week of being sick, I broke down and decided to hire someone to mow the lawn. I have learned to enjoy yardwork but given the fact that I can't seem to get better, I decided it wouldn't be good for me to be out there with the grasses, etc.

He promised to mow the yard by Friday. Friday came and went. Saturday they showed up and I was more than happy to see them as the yard was now a jungle and the dogs looked like jumping deer since they couldn't just run around anymore.

When we returned Saturday night, they had scalped the yard, buldozed one whole flowerbed and the bottom of my butterfly bush, knocked over and broke one of our landscape lights and shredded the cord to it, weed-eated part of my garden so now all of my cucumber and zucchini plants are dead and ripped the soaker hose from underneath the cement slab in the back yard (no clue how we'll get that back under there.) Oh, and they also only trimmed up one side of the tree and didnt trim it away from the house (what I told him was most important)

So, the moral of the story is...if you want it done right, do it yourself! OR hire me!

1 comment:

THE MEGSTER said...

You should sue them. F'ing idiots.