Thursday, June 26, 2008

escape

I've never been in a place in my life where I didn't have a place to escape. That one place where you go when you want to breathe or not breathe, where you want to think or not think, and a place where even if only for ten minutes...you feel like no one can find you and where you find yourself.

I can measure my life up to this point in terms of where my escape was. Growing up it was generally someplace outside and near my house. In college it was often my hammock that I worked so hard to buy, a certain swingset on the outside of town, or my favorite park bench in my favorite park. Since graduation, my escape has changed so many times as I've moved regularly. Since this latest move, I realized that I'm in need of a new place to escape and I don't have one.

Sometimes I consider this blog to be an escape, mainly because I don't think anyone reads it (other than my mom and my BFF).

So until I find my escape....this one will have to do:


Here's hoping that when you need to make sense of it all, you find your escape.

1 comment:

djo0723 said...

thank you for making the comment on my page. I know exactly what you mean when you say this is your escape. I really never thought anyone read mine as well. And just for the record.. That is an awesome movie!! :o)

Deanna