Friday, June 13, 2008

Miss MC's Neighborhood

Did you ever used to watch Mr. Rogers?? You're secretly singing the 'Be My Neighbor' song, aren't you? Yeah, me too.

Well, moving into our neighborhood made me remember this show for some wierd reason. So, I re-watched a clip of the show and I've always remembered that he came in, put his stuff down, took off his suit jacket, put on a sweater (which he often had trouble zipping), changed from dress shoes (and tossed one from right hand to left..i always drop it when i try that) and put on tennis shoes.

This got me thinking...why would you take off the extra clothing and put on something else?? Who do you know that does this? I'd take off the jacket, tie, shoes etc and put on something actually comfortable! This got me thinking...what else is wrong about this picture?

1. The trolley was my favorite character but when i watched the clip, he comes out to the scariest freaking music!!
2. Henrietta the cat...who says meow every other word....well meow I know why that scene in Super Troopers is SO funny!
3. The king lives next to the train track? really? they couldn't afford a better piece of land.
4. Henrietta the cat and the bird are best friends?
5. Lady Elaine Fairchild looks like the Clown on IT!

So as a child, we were brainwashed to believe that the ideal neighborhood was Mister Roger's Neighborhood...but in reality, they're just a bunch of freaks!!I decided that Mister Roger's Neighborhood ain't got nothin' on mine! So, instead, here's a new way to remember this show..



Parents...Protect your kids!
(Oh, and a shameless plug for my BFF...if you're a new parent or a parent-to-be, check out this Eco Friendly Baby bag that she designed for Wee Generation...good stuff!!)

1 comment:

THE MEGSTER said...

Yay for Wee Generation!!! Though I only pitched in on the design a WEE bit, the design team was INCREDIBLE and even took consumer feedback online. That bag was a labor of love. Thanks MC!