Friday, June 13, 2008

Thanksgiving shouldn't be one day a year...

I was inspired by my friend Maria, the bride from the NY wedding we attended last weekend. She is now the wife of my very good friend Parker (aka Hyun, Park, Asian Sensation, etc). I knew I liked her from the first day I met her...something about her cheerful outlook and not just her smile, but the smile she put on Parker's face...I knew it would work. Anyway, I digress.

At their rehearsal dinner, they had us all go around the room and introduce ourselves. We were to say our name, where we were from, how we knew the happy couple and then say something we were thankful for that was non-wedding related.

I love that!

I love that on this weekend that is entirely about them, their love, their future together...they wanted to hear about us and what makes us happy. Talk about being selfless!!

I think we should make Thanksgiving a more frequent occurence. Not the big turkey festivity where we stuff ourselves until we have to unbutton the top button (my tush couldn't handle that) but the part where we remind ourselves of what is good.

For me, I'm thankful for:

-my faith
-my family
-my ryan
-my friends
-my job that i love
-a roof over my head that my ryan provides
-moses, gracie and cooper
-my little garden thats growing
-my ability to look for the positive
-my passion for the future

So...what are you thankful for? You don't have to comment here (although I'd love that) but ask yourself what you're thankful for and ask others around you. You'll be amazed at how it will cheer you up and make your day.

2 comments:

Amber Nicole said...

I'm thankful that I got some love from Texas today! Thanks for stopping by. Love your blog.

THE MEGSTER said...

You. It's really that simple. (I'm just glad I'm not anywhere near you with that shit you're rockin' in your sinuses.)