Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Apple Times v3

If you were to ask me what I remember most about my trip to NY...Ryan and I would both tell you that it was freaking hot!!!

Seriously, NY had a heat wave while we were there...hottest temps this time in June since the 30s! I would sweat in places that I didn't know had glands. We actually looked forward to our subway rides because the trains are air conditioned unlike most cabs.

I won't give you a rundown of our trip as it'll be boring for you but here is our list of things we learned:

1) You can go up to the top of the empire state bldg until 2am and it's much cooler at night!
2) Grey's Papaya is supposedly the best hot dog in NY but there aren't any in manhattan!
3) FAO Schwartz doesnt have the robot elevator or clock tower anymore...boring!
4) Tavern on the Green is something you should experience.
5) Check to see if your hotel has a pool, especially if you're going in the summer.
6) Go to a drag show.
7) Use your map, even if you look like a tourist.
8) Learn the direction of the subway train you need, not just the number/color
9) Go to a taped show...we saw David Letterman...lots of fun!
10) The world trade center is a must see...no official monument/memorial there yet but it doesn't need one...you'll remember it like it just happened.

We definitely had a good time but were ready to be home...we missed it!

No comments: