Sunday, August 24, 2014

Baby teething gel win!!

So my 5 month old started "school" last week as I returned to the classroom.  When I pick him up after the first day I'm told that they struggled getting him to take the bottle.  We discussed how I feed him and we went on our way.

Day 2 I get a call around 11am that they haven't been able to get him to eat yet (his last bottle was at 6am).  As he weighs 17lbs, I'm not worried about him missing a meal but I want to make sure he is hydrated.  He went down for a nap and at 12:30 they tried again and he took about an ounce.  I offered to leave school to feed him but we both agreed that they have to figure this out because I can't always go over there.

By 1:30 I called and suggested they apply some of the teething gel I made for him whenever he's fighting a bottle and then feed him.

I pick him up at 4 and they almost hugged me as they said "THAT WORKED WONDERS!!!  WHAT IS IT?"

Score 1 for mom and Young Living!

Teething gel is just 1TBSP coconut oil and 4-5 drops of thieves.

He's still not up to 8oz bottles per sitting with them but gets at least half of that each time and is improving daily.

No comments: