Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Classroom calm

So my class after lunch is rowdy as most classes are in the afternoon.  I normally diffuse lemon and peppermint (2-3 drops lemon and only 1 drop peppermint) in the morning as it's a happy and alert mix.  I diffuse it intermittently so it goes off every 30 seconds.

This afternoon I decided to add in a little Peace and Calming (2 drops) and the kids noticed it immediately.  I had questions from, "Hey, I want a diet coke" to "it smells like my grandma's purse."  Apparently the combo reminded them of an old lady drinking diet soda (although I thought it smelled great, haha).

Regardless, guess who got to work and had the best class???  Yep, they did.

We will experiment to see if we have the same results with a different combo...maybe I could make that a science lesson but you can bet my diffuser will pay for itself this year!

#oilyteacher

No comments: