Saturday, August 30, 2014

Toddler tummy troubles-win!

So I wake up in the 4s this morning and my 3 year old had snuck in bed with me.  I'm normally a light sleeper but this is the first week of school and I'm worn out.  I realize that she is sans-sleep diaper (she's potty trained during the day but I haven't been brave enough to try nighttime) and I asked her where it was.

Well, she'd used the sleep diaper in a major way and brought me a new one in the middle of the night but decided to just crawl in bed.

I walk her back to her room, take her to the potty and discover that she's had an upset tummy.  This is the first time she's had the big D since she could walk and it's confusing to her.  She keeps saying, "my poop is weird and my tummy hurts."  She asked me for some oils (love that) and I grabbed my DiGize (for anything digestion-related) and rubbed it on her tummy.  She said she was hungry but I was fearful it was confusion about the tummy pain and I didn't want to give her anything.

As I walked back to my room I heard a noise and was devastated to discover that my alarm was already going off.  ugh.

I got ready and woke her up about an hour later.  Her tummy was still bothering her but she was acting fine, not warm, etc.  I put more DiGize on her tummy and she said it felt better.  Packed a bland "brat style" lunch for her and sent the bottle of oil in her backpack.

They called to tell me she'd had an accident (unlike her) and her bottom was red from it.  Said I didn't need to get her as she was feeling fine but wanted the protocol for her bottom.  I told her about the oil and asked her to get some diaper cream I'd made from baby brother's room.

Fast forward to the end of the day, I pick up the kids and she has had "regular poop" (her words) and feels great.  I checked her bottom when we got home and it wasn't pink at all.

Double-oils win!  (the diaper paste is 1 tbsp coconut oil and 4-5 drops lavender)

And the bonus is I got home and my kidscents oils arrived!  I'm super excited as these are already diluted by Young Living and I don't have to mix up my own little batches for the kids....stay tuned for a report on them!

Happy Labor Day weekend!

No comments: