Thursday, July 17, 2008

CLH

I went to Camp Longhorn for over ten years. If you're a parent, I highly recommend that you send your children there...it will provide the most incredible memories, friends, lessons and adventures that are priceless. I sometimes wish I had more than 2 weeks vacation each year because I'd love to go back as a counselor a few more times.

Anyway, I had one of those little Blue Bell ice cream cups today that come with the little wooden flat spoon-ish tool. I was trying to remember the last time I had one of those and I'm pretty sure it was at camp.

I was immediately taken back to those summers and I laughed when I think of how my camp friends and I would completely cover the top of the cup with peanut butter (sometimes crunchy-sometimes creamy) and then some would add honey (not me). So I decided to see if I still liked it and oh good lord, it was SO good!! Definitely try it! If I can find an Oreo cookie in the next few weeks, I'll cover it with peanut butter too...how did we come up with these combinations?

So take a moment and reward yourself with some summer treats!

Here is a slideshow from my last trip to CLH for Tex's memorial service. Enjoy!

No comments: