Friday, July 11, 2008

Open Letter to my Pillow

Dear Beloved Pillow,

Oh how I miss thee....we never spend time together anymore. And when we do...it's not the quality time like when we first met. Why is it that relationships always change and the bond you once had seems to fade? In my desperation to be close to you, I actually thought about substituting an office chair, desk, steering wheel or bathroom counter for you but that just left me feeling empty inside and missing you more. So don't worry, I'm not seeing anyone else and I love you.

I hope that one day, we'll reconnect and bond like we used to. I love how we used to just spend hours together and I long for the days when we traveled together. When I was sick you'd make me feel better, when i was sad you'd comfort me, and when I'd had too much to drink you were there to catch me when I would fall. Nothing brings me comfort like you do.

I hope that one day, we'll reconnect and bond like we used to. They say it only gets worse as we age but I'm hoping we can prove them wrong.

Your long lost friend,

MC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That makes me want my blankie!