Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Great News and an Update on Call to Action for our troops

For those who are new to this site and want to help, you can see my original post about sending packages to troops by clicking here or email me

Many thanks to my friend, Lincee, for pimping out my efforts on her blog. And thanks to my friend Allison for finally providing me a way to get the soldier information I've been looking for!
I appreciate all of the well wishes, tid bits of information, and applause I've gotten so far.

What I need now is your help!

This weekend, my beautiful Mom ransacked thru her house to help me in this giving mission. It was so easy to find stuff to send to troops. If everyone took 2-3 minutes in each room of your home, I guarantee you'll find something new or gently used to donate.

Here are things we found: (see the full Call to Action for a complete list)
paperback books, local newspapers, magazines, travel size toiletries from hotels, crystal light on the go packs, batteries, gum, stationery, blank cards, water guns, stuffed animals (for troops to give to children there).

I forgot to mention before that I'm in the Dallas area. Even if you're across the country, please email me if you'd like to help, I can get you the supplies you need to ship your stuff and a soldier to send them to...you can help me remotely!!!

1 comment:

texaslauren77 said...

Hi MC! Thanks for the comment on my blog today! :) I think that your idea of sending supplies to the troops is a great idea. I personally know several people that are in Iraq right now, and I know they desperately need the things on your list. Do you still need help? I'd love to do what I can! :)