Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Have you found me yet?

it's a great word. It's one of my favorite shows (although I did lose interest during the black cloud monster phase) and it's often a word I hear people "my age" use to describe themselves.

There are places I go to "get lost" (shopping mall, barnes & noble, movie theater)and songs/movies/books that I can lose myself in (the notebook, hello!). There are also places I go to find myself (church, the lake, my parents house).

It's so interesting to me how common and unique these two words can be and how they are often paired together....Lost And Found.

Because really, the contents in the "Lost and Found" box don't include both "lost items" and "found items" so why doesn't the box just have the name Found?? Think about it...if there are items that you've lost...you wouldn't have them to put in a box...because they are LOST!

I equate it with the "glass half full" theory and chalk it up to perception.

I know this is getting deep and all but when you think about it, equating your teenage years, twenties or any other significant reflection time as when you are "lost" it can also be described as the time where you "find yourself." It's all about your perception!

So from here on out, I am no longer lost....I am found. And now that I found myself, I just have to figure out what to do with myself.

1 comment:

djo0723 said...

Sometimes I seem to think I find myself and get lost over and over again but I just have to remember I can find myself all over again :o) Good luck!